First Club Talk of the Year


by Lisa Malmin

Talk: What is YL?… I believe it is 3 Things.

1. People

Different groups of people: sports people, academic people, band people, people with no group,
At YL everyone is together, we can just relax and get to know each other. We have a common thread we are moms ~ Whether that cute baby is in your tummy or hanging on your leg we are in this mom thing together.
I believe the 2nd thing is YL = Fun
Its normal around here to play Blind folding games, we eat gross stuff, sometimes even live gold fish, we dabble in a lot of whip cream and love Games, skits, laughter, and as you can see from what went on tonight we do not take ourselves too seriously. I believe you need a chance to take a break from busyness… grades, parents, relationships, balancing everyone’s expectations. At YL we hope you can take the expectations and weight of life off your shoulders and just have fun. Check those babies in Childcare and catch your breath and laugh out loud.

3. Life

All the YL leaders are Christians
If you aren’t religious you are at the right place!
We talk about LIFE, here is an example
Read Jn 10:10

People try to fill their lives with relationships and as good as they can be they can be STOLEN as someone breaks your friendship or your babies daddy breaks your heart or your family (when I say we fill our lives I blow up a balloon in front of all of them, when I say STOLEN I pop the balloon(I didn’t love this so the 2nd time I gave this talk I deflated the balloon and said empty again), I do this for all three points)
People try to fill their lives with sports, getting good grades, or hope to finish school and those hopes can be KILLED when we blow out our knee, or the competition is better then we are, or we get a B in a class, or a C, or a D, or an F. Or we get pregnant and who knows what happens to our brain.
People try to fill their lives by constantly trying new things. I tried to do that in high school with boys, parties all kinds of things. I thought I could be the best mom ever and then I took my kids to the grocery store and felt like a failure because of how my child acted. But I didn’t experience life, most of the time I felt my hopes were DESTROYED as I felt regret, guilt and depression.
But Jesus came to give us life to the FULL. God wants to fill our lives in a way nothing else can. (At this point I lift a balloon to my mouth but I don’t fill it.)
Everyone take a deep breath. You see God doesn’t want to fill a balloon, he wants to fill your life with each breath you take.
CHALLENGE: Come back to YL. Come to hear more about life, come for the fun, come for the people, come for all of those reasons or just one but know that …..You are always invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment