Prayer Idea

We all know that prayer is the foundation of what we do, and that our prayer strategy in ministry is crucial. Here's a great idea from a committee chair in Pennsylvania:

"Right now we are working closely with 13 teen mothers, and to be honest we are desperate for God's help. Each of these moms needs a miracle from God; each one needs His revelation, His grace, and His guidance.
God doesn't want us to rest on our past experience. He doesn't want us to expect Him to just continue working in exactly the same way we've seen Him work so far. As I've prayed and thought about this, I've felt more than ever the need for focused, individual prayer for each of the girls we are working with.
So here is my "call for help": I'm looking for volunteers who will commit to pray for one specific girl (and her child), either daily or weekly, for one year. I pray that at least 13 people will respond, so that we can have at least one prayer supporter for each of our girls.
If God speaks to your heart about this, please reply, and I will send you the name and some bio information about one of our teen moms."

Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment